Established ESG Leader Award
For a Resource Producing Company
The Established ESG Leader Award for a Resource Producing Company
AAMEG 2023 Africa Awards Nomination Category
This award recognises Australian, or functionally Australian, companies operating in the Africa resources and energy sectors who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles.
The premise of this award is to honour companies that not only prioritise responsible operations, but also see beyond the balance sheet – implementing innovative, forward-thinking strategies that result in significant long-term benefits for the communities they serve.
This award is a powerful acknowledgment of your organisation’s commitment to sustainable growth and the embodiment of your ESG vision.
Encompassing a broad array of ESG topics, this award covers activities including:
- Environment: Initiatives to mitigate their environmental impact by addressing climate change, preserving biodiversity, managing waste, optimising water and resource use, and minimising pollution.
- Social: Recognising entities that respect human rights, practice ethical labour, promote safety and health, uplift their communities and value diversity.
- Governance: Applauding those who demonstrate exemplary corporate governance, adhere to high ethical standards, maintain compliance, fairly manage executive pay, encourage diversity and have a fair approach to lobbying and taxation.
If you’re an established Australian company leaving a significant positive footprint in Africa through your steadfast adherence to ESG principles and proactive contribution to community development, this is your chance to stand in the spotlight.
This award is open to energy and/or mineral companies that are functionally Australian companies with producing assets in Africa that have progressed beyond the exploration or development phases.
This award is open to AAMEG Members and Non-Members.
Your award submission will need to describe in detail your company’s initiative in Africa that aligns with one or more aspects of ESG, including:
- Discussing the context or issue your organisation faced and how was it addressed by this initiative.
- Explaining your approach to the initiative design and whether any voluntary ESG codes or principles came into consideration e.g., ICCM 10 Sustainable Development Principles.
- Explaining how your initiative engages the community in which you are operating and manages expectations.
- Demonstrating the positive impacts and/or outcomes of your initiative on the host community.
You will also be asked to provide any additional information including photos, video, news articles, reports or evidence to support your claims. This supporting documentation is highly valued in informing the judges decision-making ability.
Please note that any media provided may be used in pre and post event promotion and if applicable during the awards ceremony to showcase your organisation and initiative.
How to Enter
Submit your entry using our online application form by 5pm AWST Friday, 25 August 2023.
Before completing the online form, ensure you have all the information at hand to be able to clearly articulate your company’s commitment and achievements by addressing the above criteria. Be sure to quantify the results of your efforts, tell a compelling story, emphasise your unique accomplishments and provide strong supporting evidence.
Awards sponsorship opportunities now open
Being a sponsor of the AAMEG Africa Awards is a tangible way for companies to demonstrate their support of the development of Africa’s resource sector.
The AAMEG Africa Awards carry standing and status with governments and industry peers, identifying the recipients as Australian companies performing exemplary work in line with the ESG principles of AAMEG on the African Continent.
The Awards raise awareness of the significant impact and investment Australian minerals and energy companies make in Africa, forging meaningful connections and contributing to a host country’s socio-economic development.
Nominating for the awards is an opportunity for your company to be recognised for the work and effort made in articulating and delivering your company ESG vision. We encourage all Australian companies actively involved in the Africa resources sector to participate in the AAMEG Awards process.
2022 Africa Awards Sponsors
We’re happy to help.
Contact email@example.com if the information you need is not covered above!