Africa Awards 2021 Nominees – Bannerman
By AAMEG | 27 August 2021
Image: Bannerman Resources donates care packages of food to students and families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emerging ESG Leader
Improved School Retention Rates Deliver Sustained Positive Impact
- The flagship asset of this uranium development company is the advanced Etango Project in Namibia’s Erongo Region – highly respected with its best-practice environmental, social and governance leadership
- Outstanding community engagement – partnering with the Namibian Tourism sector, a major employer and economic contributor in the country.
- Early Learner Assistance Program helps break the poverty cycle with tools to inspire young learners to stay at school – in its first year, 320 students from 20 schools in the Erongo Region benefitted
- Program extended from host community in Erongo to Omaheke, Hardap Kunene and Kavango West Regions – to date over 3,000 learners have benefited
- Distributed food care packages to needy families during the COVID-affected 2020 school year