AAMEG Members encourages good citizenship that recognises positive social change in host communities as a business imperative.
AAMEG Members have an understanding of relevant international guiding documentation and support ethical behaviour and best practice as outlined in the following Principles of Conduct.
AAMEG members undertake to do the following:
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance.
- Integrate sustainable development considerations within the corporate decision-making process.
- Implement risk management strategies based on valid data and sound science, and ensure a risk-aware culture is created within the organisation.
- The implementation of policies and practices that ensure fair remuneration and safe work conditions for all employees and ensure that forced, compulsory or child labour does not occur.
- The implementation of human rights strategies to reduce discrimination and promote gender and ethnic equality in the workforce.
- The implementation of security operations to promote and prioritise human rights considerations in the community.
- The design and implementation of culturally appropriate corporate social investment (CSI) strategies that prioritise people development, community needs and development outcomes.
- The implementation of policies and practices that avoid or minimise social and economic dislocation.
- The implementation of strategies to build capacity and improve the economic base of mining affected communities.