AAMEG encourages good citizenship that recognises positive social change in host communities as a business imperative.
AAMEG members have an understanding of relevant international guiding documentation and support ethical behaviour and best practice as outlined in the following Principles of Conduct (based on the ICMM sustainable development principles).
AAMEG Members undertake to do the following:
- Implement and maintain ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance
- Integrate sustainable development considerations within the corporate decision-making process
- Implement risk management strategies based on valid data and sound science
- Uphold fundamental human rights and respect cultures, customs and values in dealings with employees and local communities
- Provide opportunities for all employees to reach their full potential
- Seek continual improvement of our health and safety performance
- Contribute to the social, economic and institutional development of the communities in which we operate
- Implement effective and transparent engagement, communication and independently verified reporting arrangements with our stakeholders
- Seek continual improvement of our environmental performance